Borderlands is a 5v5 PvP (Player versus Player) mode in Prime World. It consists of 2 main bases - Keepers and Imperium. They are connected by three main lanes, surrounded by forest with a large river flowing through the center of the area. The five heroes on each side fight for the right to claim the native land in the lanes, to destroy enemy buildings, and then finally the enemies base.
The forest between the main lanes consists of multiple winding paths, around the forest are neutral creeps. If desired, the heroes can destroy these neutrals and gain additional prime. In addition, the forest paths are often used for various tactical maneuvers, for example, they may be used to gank an enemy hero or as an escape route from pursuers.
Initially, the whole area is covered by fog of war, obstructing vision of the area. If either team takes the flags and turns the surrounding area in to their native land, they reveal the fog of war in that area and are granted vision of the enemy.
As an alternative to laning there is also "The Playground" a small game located in the base of each team where players can earn Prime and Special Scrolls they can use or allocate to their allies.
Map Layout[edit | edit source]
Defensive Structures[edit | edit source]
One side Building's stat is determined by opponent's total power rating. That means outer turret or base etc. from two sides could have different stats in a same game.
There are 4 kinds of structures which are able to destroy in Borderlands:
Minions, Flags & Native Land[edit | edit source]
In each lane spawns waves of minions. These minions help to kill enemy minions and buildings and push a lane closer to the enemy base. Killing enemy minions rewards the player with Prime. Every few waves of minions a larger minion will spawn who is harder to kill, rewards more Prime and is able to attack and capture Flags.
|Unit||Base Level||Lvl Up Time||Information|
|Melee Minion||Level 1||Every 2.5 mins
|Ranged Minion||Level 1||Every 2.5 min
|Siege Minion||Level 5||Doesn't Level Up||
Super Minion[edit | edit source]
Once an arsenal is destroyed, the opposite minion on that lane will grant +50% HP and +2 strength to melee minion, +4 intellect to range minion, +6 strength to siege minion.
(melee minions will have their appearance and name changed but that doesn't give them any extra stat boost)
Flags spawn near turrets and in the river of all 3 lanes. Once a flag is capture it creates Native Land up to the location of that flag; Provided all previous flags from the team's base up to the captured flag are taken.
Flags & Native Land[edit | edit source]
There are 5 Flags on each lane, one in the middle of the river and two protected by towers. Once you capture one it will extend your Native Land. Native Land that gives players aditional benefits to their talents. Each talent is unique, but listed in it's description is sometimes an added benefit if it is used whilst on Native Land.
Glyphs[edit | edit source]
Glyph's can be obtained by killing the Woodwose in the Golden Packs of Forest Monsters. After the death of the glyph carrier, the glyph will persist at the site of the heroes death, so both allies and opponents can pick it up. However, the duration of the glyph`s action will be three times shorter, in comparison to the glyph you can obtain from the Woodwose.
Secret Shop[edit | edit source]
The secret shop is a building where you can buy special items you can't find anywhere else. They are located in the bot lane jungle of the Keepers and the top lane jungle of the Imperium. It sells all items found in the spawn shops and also the 5 scrolls you can obtain from the playground along with the Ceremonial Dagger.
Available Items[edit | edit source]
- Healing Potion: Restores 400 Health over 20 seconds. Vanishes after use.
- Energy Potion: Restores 400 Energy over 20 seconds. Vanishes after use
- Speed Potion: Increases Speed by 40% for 10 seconds. Vanishes after use.
- Invisible Ward: Places an invisible lantern, which creates a zone of visibility around the hero, revealing any invisible beings nearby. The lantern disappears after 6 minutes. Vanishes after use.
- Teleportation Scroll: Teleports the hero to the friendly building nearest the selected location. Vanishes after use.
- True Sight Potion: The hero can see invisible beings until he dies. Vanishes after use.
- Cleansing Potion: Removes the most harmful negative effect. Vanishes after use.
- Ceremonial Dagger: Deals 75 damage to the selected hero. If this attack kills the enemy, the hero accomplishes a deed. Vanishes after use.
- Divine Scroll: Restores Health (Depending on hero's level), healing Health (Depending on hero's level) every 3 seconds. If the hero dies during the healing period, resurrection time is reduced by 20% . Vanishes after use.
- Gemini Scroll: For 35 seconds, a twin of the hero is created, having 40% of the hero's Health & Energy and 110% of the hero's Strength and Intellect. As long as the double exists, the cooldown time of the hero's talents is reduced by 20% . Vanishes after use.
- Starfall Scroll: Deals damage in a selected area after a short delay. Vanishes after use.
- Bird Scroll: For 10 seconds, creates a region within which allies' Strength and Intellect are increased by 15% and enemies' Strength and Intellect are reduced by 15%. Also, healing effects are 50% less effective on enemies within the region. Does not affect the Ancients. Vanishes after use.
- Light Scroll: The hero blinds nearby enemies, making them miss their attacks 50% of the time for 6 seconds. Vanishes after use.
Holiday Items[edit | edit source]
This Items are only available in specific holidays.
Celebrating Halloween 2012:
- Pumpkin!: When activated, turns the hero into a pumpkin for 10 seconds. and as long as he does not move enemies can not distinguish between him and a regular pumpkin.
- Snowball: Strikes the first hero in its path. Blinds the enemy for 3 seconds and stuns an already blinded target for 1 second. Restores an ally's Health by 50 and dispels the most dangerous negative effect. Disappears after use.
Forest[edit | edit source]
The forest between lanes contains many neutral camps of minions. These neutrals are either "normal" (Silver) or "epic"(Gold) on the minimap. Both types of neutral's can be killed by the player for bonus Prime, with Gold camps rewarding more but being harder to kill. Monsters first spawn at 1:15.
Kitton[edit | edit source]
Kriton, a giantic cat-like creature that can be slain on Borderlands. Kriton spawns 7 minutes after the start of the game, in a cave area on the Keepers side near the river between Top lane & Mid lane. When fought, it will immediately attack the target closest to it. In addition to normal physical damage, its attacks apply a special effect: Cat Scratch (Decreases the amount of damage inflicted by 10% for a few seconds. The effect stacks up to five times.). It will also use the abilities Catcall (A Hero attacking from afar from the monster takes damage per second based on the boss's Intellect. It does not affect heroes who are currently under the influence of Cat Scratch.) and Golden Chain (Summons a chain that falls on the heads of the absent-minded heroes, inflicting magical damage and stunning them temporarily.) to defend itself. Killing the Kiton gives 250 Prime to all members of the party and an additional 100 Prime to the player that delivered the final blow and also rewards you with the archievement "Kitton Fighter".
Fire Drake[edit | edit source]
The main monster on the map. The Fire Drake spawns in a cave area on the Imperium side near the river between Mid lane & Bot lane. The Drake uses auto-attacks most of time and will cast Flame breath from time to time (Fire Drake will raise its head before it casts the spell). By slaying the Fire Drake, each team member receives a large number of Prime and a unique buff. It's worth mentioning that you earn more Prime if you were one of those who slew it.
The Scroll Workshop[edit | edit source]
The Scroll Workshop is a fun and wholesome alternative to laning. By destroying all the moving droplets of paint, by creating chains of colors you are rewarded with Prime and special scrolls. The scrolls can be allocated to the hero or his allies. There are 5 types of scroll you can earn in the scroll workshop.
In the workshop, player must play a mini-game which involves shooting colored marbles in a line of another marbles. Connecting more than 3 marbles will cause it to paint the picture. The picture is chosen at the beginning and each with its own difficulty. Accomplishing the game by coloring the whole picture will give you a buff scroll.
Estimated Play Time: 1-2 minutes
There is no difficulty difference between the Imperium and Keeper's workshop.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While the Scroll Workshop is popularly known as "Zuma" (a casual videogame with a similar gameplay), it's gameplay is actually closer to that of the videogame "Luxor".
Guide[edit | edit source]
For a detailed guide for this game element, follow this link: Scroll Workshop Guide